The Asian Pacific Society of Nephrology aims to promote and encourage the advancement of scientific knowledge and research in all aspects of nephrology, and to promote the exchange and dissemination of this knowledge in the Asian-Pacific area. It has close links with all regional national societies of nephrology, and with the International Society of Nephrology (ISN).The APSN aims to cater specifically for the needs of the Nephrology community throughout the region, especially fostering the development of high quality nephrology in the less well developed countries of the region.
A Message from the President, March 2016
Dear members of the APSN,
There are a number of exciting developments that I would like to share with you:
- The Affordable Dialysis Prize, sponsored by The George Institute, The International Society of Nephrology and APSN, has been awarded to Vincent Garvey. Hopefully within a few years his design can see global access to affordable dialysis. This will require the support of nephrologists around the world, including from our region.
- Nominations for the Priscilla Kincaid-Smith and the Kenzo Oshima Awards, which will be made at the Perth APCN, will close on April 16th. Nominations for the next President-elect will close on June 16th.
- The very successful partnership between APSN and ISN Programs (Fellowships, Sister Renal Centres, Clinical Research, Educational Ambassador) has been renewed for another 2 years. The next round of applications closes on May 1st.
- We are trying to ensure that as many members of APSN as possible have on-line access to APSN’s journal Nephrology. This will require password-protected access from national society websites.
- We are also trying to ensure that sponsoring and affiliated societies with a website have direct links between the APSN website and their own.
- There will be several APSN CME meetings in 2016, including in association with the Japanese Society of Nephrology meeting in June, the APCN in Perth in September, the CSN meeting in October and hopefully one or two others.
- Finally, the planning for the APCN in Perth in September is well advanced. Abstract submissions close on April 15th, and discounted early-bird registration on July 1st. There are special discounted registration rates for nephrologists and trainees from several emerging countries and regions, and there will be a large number of travel grants available for young nephrologists presenting an abstract at the congress. It promises to be a memorable event!
President APSN, 2013-6
Previous APSN President Messages