Fellowships AND Awards
Honorary Distinguished Life Members
Priscilla Kincaid-Smith Award
2005 Keng Thy WOO (Singapore)
2008 Kiyoshi KUROKAWA (Japan)
2010 Kar Neng LAI (Hong Kong)
2014 Sei SASAKI (Japan)
2016 Stephen HOLDSWORTH (Australia)
2020 Philip K T LI (Hong Kong)
2021 David JOHNSON (Australia)
Kenzo Oshima Award
2005 Gavin BECKER (Australia)
2008 Robert C ATKINS (Australia)
2010 Hideto SAKAI (Japan)
2014 Daniel T M CHAN (Hong Kong)
2016 K S CHUGH (India)
2018 Visith SITPRIJA (Thailand)
2020 Jeremy CHAPMAN (Australia)
2023 David HARRIS (Australia)
Kirpal Chugh Award
2021 Ghazali AHMAD (Malaysia)
Haiyan Wang Lecturers
2018 Ming Hui ZHAO (China)
2020 Yasuhiko TOMINO (Japan)
2021 Carol POLLOCK (Australia)
2023 Somchai Eiam ONG (Thailand)
Ross Bailey Lecturers
2005 Kyoshi KUROKAWA (Japan)
2008 David HARRIS (Australia)
2010 Kar Neng LAI (Hong Kong)
2014 Suhnggwon KIM (Korea)
Excellence in Basic Science Award
2023 Ming LI (China)
APSN Nephrology Fellowship Program
Introduction and Objectives
The objective of the APSN Nephrology Fellowship program, first established in 2009, is to assist nephrologists from the Asian-Pacific region to receive clinical training in established nephrology units within the Asian-Pacific countries, as a means of improving the standard of nephrology clinical service in the Fellows home countries. Priority will be given to applicants from developing countries, and those who are in the formative phase of their career
Duration and Fellowship subsistence rate:
The duration of the Fellowship is from a minimum of 2 months to a maximum of 6 months. The award will be calculated based on the rate of not more than USD2300 per month according to the living standard of the region of the host unit, plus a maximum of USD500 for transportation.
1) Fellows must return to work in their home countries after their training. Fellowship awardees who failed to abide with this commitment are to return to the APSN the awarded sum plus 20%.
2) Upon completion of the Fellowship training the Fellow must submit an End-of-Training Report, according to the specified format, to the current APSN President within one month. The report must be endorsed by the unit or department Head of his/her home unit.
1. An applicant must be a resident in Asian-Pacific countries whose nephrology societies are member societies of the APSN.
2. The proposed host unit must be within a member country of the APSN.
3. An applicant must be an Ordinary or Life member of the APSN.
4. The age of an applicant must be between 30 and 45.
Application and Selection Procedures
Application for the Fellowship should include the following documents:
1) a completed APSN Nephrology Fellowship Application Form [see link below]
2) a plan of training (maximum of two A4 pages), prepared by the applicant and endorsed by the supervisor in the proposed host unit, highlighting how the training would benefit the recipient and his/her home unit
Please send the application to the Secretary of the APSN at the following address:
Professor Hyeong Cheon Park
Department of Internal Medicine
Gangnam Severance Hospital
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
ISN Regional Training Centers
The ISN has selected 21 ISN Regional Training Centers to provide in-depth specialized training to improve patient care in different regions of the world. Their approval is for a period of 5 years (2021-2026).
These centers were selected by the ISN Core Programs Committee as institutions of excellence in low and middle-income countries to:
- Hosting fellows (ISN provides up to 12 months of financial support to fellows).
- Holding educational meetings and workshops on regionally relevant topics.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise via the ISN Educational Ambassadors or Continuing Medical Education Programs.
- Supporting emerging centers from low resource areas through the Sister Centers Programs.
- Contributing to the ISN Academy – either by developing educational materials or contributing to webinars.
- Developing and engaging in advocacy activities and collaborations with local and regional authorities.
Below is an overview of the various application deadlines for the ISN Programs.
All year long
Educational Ambassadors Program